Re: Not enough memory to build firefox4

Stefan Schaeckeler <schaecsn%gmx.net@localhost> writes:

Hi

>> thanks, it was indeed the O2 flag. I compiled 'jsinterp.cpp' (it's
>> part of xulrunner, by the way) manually without O2 and it worked. The
>> rest of the xulrunner package compiled without problems.
>
> Creating a swap file would have been even better. On some (all?) BSDs,
> they can be mounted and then savely unmounted later on. Try this on
> your next major build.

I'm not sure. The build process worked on the mentioned file for a few
hours, more swapping than compiling, before it failed. Without the O2
option it was a matter of about ten seconds. Maybe there's something
wrong with my system. I think, I'll try it on another machine first, to
see, if it behaves similar.

This is a NetBSD 5.1 system with pkgsrc-2011Q2, by the way.

Joerg