Re: glib2 failes due to pkg_create problem (Re: afterstep build broken due to libpixman missing)

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 08:40:55PM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> Well, I didn't even get far enough to try that out.  I ended up getting this
> error while building glib2:
>
> => Automatic manual page handling
> pkg_create: can't stat `/usr/pkgsrc/devel/glib2/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/mkdir:
> unknown option -- -'
> pkg_create: can't stat `/usr/pkgsrc/devel/glib2/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/usage:
> mkdir [-p] [-m mode] dirname ...'
>
> I tried looking around to see if anyone else has had this problem, but all I
> found was someone who ran into this problem all the way back in 2008, without
> a solution.
>
> I'm building this on a NetBSD 5.1 install in a completely clean NetBSD 5.1
> chroot where I only ran ./MAKEDEV in /etc, and "make install" in

Well, it looks like I didn't manage to run MAKEDEV quite soon enough.
It turns out that something had created /dev/null as a plain file, and MAKEDEV
didn't complain about it.  Then, the configure script for glib2 ran the command
"mkdir -p --version > /dev/null", which emitted:

mkdir: unknown option -- -
usage: mkdir [-p] [-m mode] dirname ...

Shortly thereafter plist.mk did a "cat /dev/null ...otherfiles..." when
building the PLIST which resulted in the error output from mkdir being
interpreted as a filename.  d'oh!

I removed /dev/null and re-ran "./MAKEDEV all", then tried building glib2
again, and it worked fine.  Now back to the afterstep issues.

eric