devel/cppunit status

It has come to my attention there is a bug in the current version of
devel/cppunit (triggered when building LibreOffice).

It has already been reported on Red Hat's tracker:

It also seems the upstream cppunit project has been unmaintained since
almost two years

Would it make sense to integrate the patch in the bug report

Or is it better to simply remove devel/cppunit ?
LibreOffice comes with a patched version of cppunit; I don't know if
there are other consumers for this package ...

Francois Tigeot