Re: libffi won't build on SunOS (Openindiana/Illumos)

On 9.3.2011, at 17:36, Jörn Clausen wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Mads Worsøe Duun <mads%worsoe.dk@localhost>
> wrote:
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Not really. It seems, several people have managed to use lang/gcc44 as
> compiler under Solaris, or even gcc45 from wip. IIRC the fix for
> "relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections" is
> not really that hard, but I was never able to find the right place to
> insert the fix in pkgsrc.

Confirmed. We have never had any issues building libffi with GCC on Solaris
systems (namely on snv_67, snv_89, snv_121 and our custom Joyent OS which is
based on Illumos/snv_147). The compilers that I have used are GCC 3.4.3 that
came with Solaris SXCE, and my own hand built GCC 4.4.2 and GCC 4.5.2 (I don't
think I have ever tried pkgsrc's own GCC builds).

(The tricky parts are compiling with ABI=64, which is solvable with heavy
messing with the configure phase, and IMO the package is broken in this regard
out of the box; and compiling with Studio, which is to my knowledge not
possible.)

Mads, what exactly is the error you're getting? In your email I can only see
the "ignoring #pragma ident" warnings.

-F