installation prefix with pkgsrc including non-BSD: always /usr/pkg?

Does pkgsrc always install to the same prefix, typically /usr/pkg, even for
non-BSD packages that are normally installed in /bin, /sbin, /lib  and
/include?  Actually some of these packages, in BSD, would be part of the base
system and not thought of as packages.

I'm thinking about packages like sysutils/lilo, where lilo executable is
normally put in /sbin, and coreutils and util-linux-ng, though I didn't find
util-linux-ng in pkgsrc at all, though I did find an old version of coreutils.
Then there is also the user-hostile editor ed, whose pkgsrc entry is an older
version (executable is typically installed as /bin/ed).

Or could pkgsrc configuration be modified for those particular packages where
the executable goes to /bin or /sbin : mainly system software as opposed to
application software?

Tom