Re: Linux system to use pkgsrc?

> What is a good type of Linux system if one wants to build packages
> from pkgsrc as opposed to using a full ready-to-go distribution like
> Slackware, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, etc?
Debian provides a minimal "base system" which -- with minimal changes --
is ready to be a foundation for pkgsrc. The same for CentOS and
Scientific Linux.

> Linux does not have a BSD-style base system,
Arch Linux's "base system" ideologically is very close to that of BSD.
IIRC they have rc.conf which was inspired from BSD but they use bash

> Building packages from pkgsrc would be the intent in choosing the
> starter Linux; I would be starting from a blank partition.
I think you can use any Linux you want.

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.