Re: suse113 pango bug (and workaround)

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 23:19:51 +0900, Pouya D. Tafti
<pouya%san-serriffe.org@localhost> wrote:

I was seeing squares instead of the usual characters in some linux
applications under emulation on amd64-current.  This turned out to be
a consequence of pango's not finding its list of modules, even though
these were listed in

/emul/linux/etc/pango/pango.modules.

The reason?  ktrace shows that pango is expecting the file to be named
"pango64.modules" (note the 64); symlinking the latter to the former
saves the day (to be on the safe side, I also created pango64.aliases
-> pango.aliases).

How about other files, gtk.immodules and gdk-pixbuf.loaders?
also require 64 suffix?

Since suse113* packages don't seem to have PLISTs, I'm at a loss as to
how this fix can be incorporated in the relevant pkgsrc Makefile.

For RPM based package, PLIST will be created dynamically.

For pango.modules, it is generated/removed in INSTALL/DEINSTALL script, and
listed in
CHECK_FILES_SKIP.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost