Re: suse113 pango bug (and workaround)

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 23:19:51 +0900, Pouya D. Tafti
<> wrote:

I was seeing squares instead of the usual characters in some linux
applications under emulation on amd64-current.  This turned out to be
a consequence of pango's not finding its list of modules, even though
these were listed in

The reason?  ktrace shows that pango is expecting the file to be named
"pango64.modules" (note the 64); symlinking the latter to the former
saves the day (to be on the safe side, I also created pango64.aliases
-> pango.aliases).

How about other files, gtk.immodules and gdk-pixbuf.loaders?
also require 64 suffix?

Since suse113* packages don't seem to have PLISTs, I'm at a loss as to
how this fix can be incorporated in the relevant pkgsrc Makefile.

For RPM based package, PLIST will be created dynamically.

For pango.modules, it is generated/removed in INSTALL/DEINSTALL script, and
listed in

OBATA Akio /