Directions to chroot MySQL ?

Hello,

I've installed mysql-server 5.1 from pkgsrc binaries (on netbsd-5/i386) and
wanted to chroot it.
I've added 'mysqld_flags="--chroot=/home/sql"' to /etc/rc.conf, added various
files (errmsg.sys, master.passwd...) and issued various command lines. But I
still get loads of errors from MySQL (about write permissions, missing
plugins...).

I already have quite a few chrooted daemons (pound, named, slapd...) that were
far easier to deal with :)

While continuing digging to solve the errors one by one, I wanted to know if
there were "easy" directions to chroot mysql on netbsd ?

TIA,
   Jo