Re: Pkgsrc under Solaris 11 Express

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 7:43 PM, John Ruschmeyer <jruschme%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
> I'm trying to build some packages using pkgsrc under Solaris 11 Express
> (SPARC mostly, but I'm seeing the same problems with x86).
[...]
> From a quick web search, I get the impression that the problem may be that
> the wrong linker is being invoked. Since this is a Solaris system, it has
> both /usr/gnu/bin/ld and /usr/ccs/bin/ld (the latter actually being a
> symlink to /usr/bin/ld).
> At this point, I've tried a number of ways to force the use of
> /usr/gnu/bin/ld, including setting the LD environment variable at bootstrap
> and before building glib2, rebuilding libtool with LD set and adding
> "TOOLS_PLATFORM.ld?=             /usr/gnu/bin/ld" to /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf.
> At this point, I'm a bit lost. Does anybody have any advice?

At least up to Solaris 10, the advice was to always use Sun's linker
in /usr/ccs/bin/ld and not any incarnation of the GNU one.

BTW: I am trying to build current versions of pkgsrc under Solaris 10
sparc and i86, and I have big problems of all kinds surrounding glib2,
cairo, and some other very basic libraries. At the moment, pkgsrc
under Solaris is a rough ride.

--
Joern Clausen
http://thebloeg.blogspot.com/