error building gtk2 on Mac OS 10.6.4

I have pkgsrc-2010Q3 refreshed earlier today.  Building x11/gtk2, I get this:

===> Configuring for gtk2+-2.20.1nb2
=> Fixing pthread flags.
=> Modifying GNU configure scripts to avoid --recheck
=> Replacing config-guess with pkgsrc versions
=> Replacing config-sub with pkgsrc versions
=> Replacing install-sh with pkgsrc version
=> Replacing python interpreter in gtk/gtk-builder-convert.
=> Fixing locale directory references.
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-libintl-prefix,
--with-libiconv-prefix
configure: error: pwd does not report name of working directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2
*** Error code 1

work/.tools/bin/pwd points to /bin/pwd which works correctly AFAICT.  It
looks to me that the tests in configure should pass, but the last
comparison ( test ... || as_fnerror ... ) fails and I can't see why.

Any suggestions for a fix (or where to look for more info)?

Thanks,
Mark