Re: Problem with gem1.8

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:56:47 +0900, Stefan Palm
<> wrote:

I feel not same (os networking settings, or something), so failed.
You should add "-V" (or --debug) options to gem and look at what is

Ok, so here's the "-V" output:

% gem install -V rails --http-proxy=
ERROR: does not appear to be a repository
Error fetching remote data:             SocketError: getaddrinfo: no address
for the specified node name (
Falling back to local-only install
ERROR:  Could not find a valid gem 'rails' (>= 0) in any repository

(BTW, a 'nslookup' does work:
Non-authoritative answer:

Hmm, I can see same errors if proxy server name is not resolvable for the
If it is resolved with nslookup, or host command, ruby on sparc may have
issues in network related modules.

OBATA Akio /