Re: editors/abiword versus pixman_image_set_destroy_function, pixman_image_composite32 and pixman_image_fill_boxes

On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 18:14 +0100, "Rhialto" <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> wrote:
> On Mon 01 Nov 2010 at 08:19:33 -0400, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> > The workaround is to move the pixman libraries in your base x11
> > installation for the duration of the package build.
>
> Will just the libraries suffice or would I need to move the headers
> as well? I'm trying the former now; I still had my work files so a
> make command will just continue where it left off and re-try the link
> that failed.

Just the libraries seems to be enough.  The compilation (with the
correct headers) has already occurred, the trouble arises at link time.
Once linked, the resulting applications should work regardless of
whether the obsolete pixman libraries are present or not.

> > I don't know that anyone has found a proper fix except upgrading the
> > base system to 5.1
>
> Fortunately I do my compiling in a pkg_comp sandbox, so moving aside
> libraries won't hurt the running system. I can leave them moved aside,
> too, if that is better for future builds.

That sounds good, though I have a vague recollection of some packages
that wouldn't build properly with the libraries moved (so don't delete
them).  Probably everything should be fine if all pkgs are built in a
consistent environment.

Good luck!

Ian Leroux