Re: pkgsrc quarterly vs. current?

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 10:10:11 +0000
"Thomas Mueller" <> wrote:
> What is the reason for both pkgsrc current and quarterly?  Is there a
> big difference in the stability of the pkgsrc structure itself?  I
> think it would be about the same.

FWIW I have never installed a release pkgsrc tree.  I update my current
daily and use that.  The only problem I have ever had is that sometimes
a package won't build for a day or two but mostly they build and built
packages have always been fine.  After all, they get into pkgsrc after
the upstream has done their own testing on it.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>