Re: Silly beginners question (cont. ;-)

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 01:00:37 +0900, Stefan Palm
<stefan.palm%pdmc.net@localhost> wrote:

X11_TYPE=                       modular
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS=            ldap ssl
(snip)
textproc/groff
databases/openldap-client
databases/postgresql84-server

If I remove the "X11_TYPE" from 'mk.conf' it won't install all those x11/*
packages but still things like 'lpeg', 'tiff' or 'png'. I played around a litte more
ending up that 'databases/openldap-client' pulls  - for whatever reason - all those
graphics. I guess I've to be much more carefull regarding the 'PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS'.

Hmm, openldap-client require soelim as USE_TOOLS, then pull dependency on
textproc/groff.
groff-docs option for groff pulls graphics dependency, and x11 option pulls x11
dependency.
You can set "PKG_OPTIONS.groff=-x11 -groff-docs" to avoid your unwanted
installations.

If you do not want to install x11 stuff anywhere, you can put "-x11" to
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS.

If you want to confirm whole options in dependency packages, you can do "make
show-depdns-options".

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost