Re: Fwd: Java status NetBSD

> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 3:29 PM, I wrote:
> >  The Java Plug-in
> > which is in Java version 6 update 10 or newer versions supports
> > the NPAPI and NPRuntime interfaces. Therefore, starting with
> > Firefox 3.6, Java-based applets will NOT work unless you are
> > running Java version 6 Update 10 or newer.

So it occurred to me that if the java plugin is now using the standard
NPAPI interface, perhaps we could use the linux plugin from sun-jre6
via the nspluginwrapper but unfortunately when I tried I got this
error:

# nspluginwrapper -v -i /usr/pkg/lib/netscape/plugins/libnpjp2.so
*** NSPlugin Viewer  ***
ERROR: /usr/pkg/lib/netscape/plugins/libnpjp2.so: undefined symbol:
__gxx_personality_v0
nspluginwrapper: no appropriate viewer found
for /usr/pkg/lib/netscape/plugins/libnpjp2.so

cheers
mark