Re: How to reduce the cost of the ports collection?

Thanks everybody for the replies!  It seems the thread went more towards the
"clean all" issue. I've seen that pkgclean really works faster.

However am still not very convinced about having the whole package tree ( I do
not use biology, games, finance...). It seems to me that the whole thing (cvs,
pkgfind, pkg_leaves, pkgsurvey...) will slow down the larger the tree is. It is
very tempting trying to speed things up selecting a reduced set of directories
and/or downloading only missing dependencies.

Regarding the cvs update speed, it seems there is no way around, is there?