Re: How to reduce the cost of the ports collection?

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 09:38:38AM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Francisco Garc?a Rodr?guez wrote:
>
> > I am trying to reduce the cost of working with pkgsrc packages
> > collection by filtering out packages I am not interested in. A simple
> > make clean from the root takes ages, and cvs update also takes its
> > time.
>
> For make clean of everything try to use pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkgclean.

Or just set $WRKOBJDIR to somewhere outside your pkgsrc tree (I have it on
a large ramdisk).  That way you can clean up all your work dirs trivially
by just pruning that directory (or unmounting/remounting the tmpfs).

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen%telenet.be@localhost  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F