Re: strange problem with java applets in firefox on NetBSD 5 STABLE

On Wed, 19 May 2010 11:07:56 +0200 (CEST)
Lasse Hillerøe Petersen <lhp%toft-hp.dk@localhost> wrote:

> Entering this page with a browser started from a terminal, I get this on
> stderr:
>
> Looking for 0xb2f9524c 0xb374eeb0 0xb97b96e4 (document)
> ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "accessClassInPackage.sun.awt")

It is a problem with accessing the default font file.
It can be fixed by editing the local security policy in
/usr/pkg/java/openjdk7/jre/lib/security/java.policy

Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what I had to put in there
to make it work. (The plugin package is still very much experimental)

-Tobias