RE: pkgsrc hash problems on Linux

> > I know.  :(  Unfortunately, I am left no closer to an answer to my
> dilemma.
> >
> > I've installed memtester and am running that now.  I wouldn't
> think
> > both sets of memory used are bad, but I'd like to rule it out if I
> > can.  If it's not RAM and not compiler, what else could it be?
>
> Disk controller, cooling, ... How old is the hardware ?

The "digest" command is the only thing I've found to fail, and it's consistent.
 I can generate checksums with the builtin commands correctly, and do other
assorted tasks, and it works just fine.

It's a dual-proc G4 Mac from (I think?) 2000.  If I can get it to work, it will
be a nice step up from what I'm using for a server at home now.

Memtester is finishing its 5th iteration now, 6 hours in, and no errors
reported thus far.

I wonder if it could be related to the other problem I'm having, about not
being able to open pkgdb.

Thanks,
Tim