Re: Java status NetBSD

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 09:26:45 +0000 (UTC)
Piotr Adamus <PanPiotrAdamus%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I need to have working Java plugin. I use it to run quite demanding
> applet- I attach the screen shot. Unfortunately linux Java cannot
> provide enough performance- I simply cannot use that applet by linux
> Java emulation. I tried also openjdk7- java works but for some reasons,
> applet initializes but it seems there is a problem within certificates.
> When running an applet I should be displayed a dialog window asking if I
> accept the certificate- using openjdk7 I am not given that chance.
>
> Formerly I used also jdk15- that worked great but at this moment I
> cannot compile this version of jdk- it seems that many changes occurred
> in pkgsrc therefore wip/jdk15 is somehow outdated and returns errors
> when compiling.

The icedtea plugin regressed to a non-working state with the latest
openjdk7 update. Sorry about that, I need to look at it again.

For the wip packages, I think they are salvageable. The plugin build
will need some TLC and API tweaks, and I think they should
be converted to a two-stage build. Since I'm partly responsible for
the bitrot due to mozilla rototils in pkgsrc, I'll see what I can do.

-Tobias