checking out older versions of packages

It seems one step in solving pkg/42109 (building lang/gcc44 on Solaris
using Sun Studio) is to revert devel/gmp from version 4.3.1 to 4.3.0.

for reference.

My question: Is it possible *in an easy way* to revert single packages
from CVS? I.e. are there standardized tags given to releases, so that
I can simply check out version 4.3.0 of gmp? Or do I have to find the
correct version of all individual files for a given point in time?

Joern Clausen