Re: Broken nbpatch on Solaris?

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:02:36 +0200
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:56:38PM +0100, raymond.meyer%rambler.ru@localhost
> wrote:
> > I'm using pretty recent pkgsrc tree on Sparc Solaris with
> > GCC-4.4.1, I keep seeing the following error messages with various
> > packages:
> >
> > => Applying pkgsrc patches for kdelibs-3.5.10nb4
> > mmap failed: Invalid argument
> > No such line 864 in input file, ignoring
> >
> > Any idea what's going here?
>
> Can you try the attached patch?
>
> Joerg

Your patch is wrong, I added a debug printf line to inp.c which showed
the following:

=> Applying pkgsrc patches for kdelibs-3.5.10nb4
mmap failed: Invalid argument
i_size=0, filename=kinit/main.cpp
No such line 864 in input file, ignoring

So it fails because i_size is 0.

The above is in regard to kdelibs3/patches/patch-bc file
The patch file creates a new file "main.cpp", but I think

i_size = filestat.st_size;

is set to a structure field, when filestat was called on a non-existen
file, hence st_size is set to 0.

Someone needs to rework the logic in inp.c file