Re: Python 2.3 support

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:00:23 +0200
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

> Hi all,
> as discussed a while ago, the following is the list of packages that
> support only Python 2.3. Is there any interest in this packages left?

[snip]
> net/pygopherd

I actually created a package for it in pkgsrc-wip over two years ago since the
one in pkgsrc proper was and still is out-of-date (2.0.16 in pkgsrc-wip, 2.0.9
in pkgsrc proper) and no one was maintaining it.  In the pkgsrc-wip version I
took out the PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED variable.  I used it first with Python
2.4 and am currently using it with Python 2.5.  I've had no problems using it
with either version.

Development on pygopherd seems to have stopped, so I haven't done much with the
package lately.  That said, since I actually run a Gopher server and I use
pygopherd for it, I'll continue to maintain the pkgsrc-wip package.  You can do
what you want with the pygopherd package in pkgsrc proper.

--
- Dave V.