Re: [rant] Too many dependencies

On 22/07/2009 9:57 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 07:48:56PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
I wonder if we should introduce suggested option set.
Say, each packages define PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS.lite,
PKG_SUGGESTE_OPTIONS.gnome and so on
and user define PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS_SET=lite.

More pain for maintainance for little gain.  Lovely.

You're the ideas man though, any alternate suggestions? Being a 'user' in the purest sense, I have no idea what tips the scales towards pain nor gain.

Sarton