swfdec vs YouTube

I installed swfdec-mozilla and firefox3 yesterday. Managed to get the plugin working once I'd linked /usr/pkg/lib/mozilla/plugins/libswfdecmozilla.so to /usr/pkg/lib/firefox/plugins/libswfdecmozilla.so. However, I can't get it to play YouTube videos (which 0.8.4 is advertised as being capable of). It seems the x264 decoder isn't working. It goes through the motions of playing (correct timing and 'you might be interested in' graphics at the end, but during playback it's just a black box. It also reports:

SWFDEC: ERROR: swfdec_resource.c(244): swfdec_resource_stream_target_parse: no decoder found for format

I've not missed any pkg options (there aren't anyway). Does this work for anyone else?

--
Stephen