Re: devel/subversion: always needs apache.

    I'm trying to install devel/subversion from pkgsrc on my NetBSD 5.

    I removed all the options:

    PKG_OPTIONS.subversion= -apache22

    But it always needs apache and apr (this is the result of make
From devel/subversion/DESCR:

  This is a meta-package.  It installs no files, but it depends on all
  the Subversion components, including the base pacakge with the
  subversion client and server, the apache module, and four language

And as obache@ says there is no apache22 option:

    gdt 14 /usr/pkgsrc/devel/subversion > make show-options
    Any of the following general options may be selected:
            sasl     Enable SASL support.

    These options are enabled by default:

    These options are currently enabled:

    You can select which build options to use by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
    or PKG_OPTIONS.subversion.

So I'm not sure what you think is wrong, unless you want to be able to
build a metapackage that has all the language bindings but without the
apache module.  As obache@ pointed out, you can just build them
individually.  Adding options to metapackages is a tough call; it's not
clear how many others would want all the language bindings and not the
apache module.  (Omitting samba from 12 places via options, that I can
see, but fortunately there is no svn-smb package.)

If you mean "the name devel/subversion is confusing, and really
subversion-base should be called subversion and subversion should be
called subversion-bindings", then you have a point, but IMHO the cost of
change is more than the cost of confusion especially given that the
DESCR files are accurate.  I did add a hint to devel/subversion/DESCR
making this more obvious.