Re: devel/subversion: always needs apache.

    I'm trying to install devel/subversion from pkgsrc on my NetBSD 5.

    I removed all the options:

    PKG_OPTIONS.subversion= -apache22

    But it always needs apache and apr (this is the result of make
    show-depends):

From devel/subversion/DESCR:

  This is a meta-package.  It installs no files, but it depends on all
  the Subversion components, including the base pacakge with the
  subversion client and server, the apache module, and four language
  bindings.

And as obache@ says there is no apache22 option:

    gdt 14 /usr/pkgsrc/devel/subversion > make show-options
    Any of the following general options may be selected:
            apr1
            sasl     Enable SASL support.
            serf

    These options are enabled by default:
            apr1

    These options are currently enabled:
            apr1

    You can select which build options to use by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
    or PKG_OPTIONS.subversion.

So I'm not sure what you think is wrong, unless you want to be able to
build a metapackage that has all the language bindings but without the
apache module.  As obache@ pointed out, you can just build them
individually.  Adding options to metapackages is a tough call; it's not
clear how many others would want all the language bindings and not the
apache module.  (Omitting samba from 12 places via options, that I can
see, but fortunately there is no svn-smb package.)

If you mean "the name devel/subversion is confusing, and really
subversion-base should be called subversion and subversion should be
called subversion-bindings", then you have a point, but IMHO the cost of
change is more than the cost of confusion especially given that the
DESCR files are accurate.  I did add a hint to devel/subversion/DESCR
making this more obvious.