Stripping on OS X 10.5.7

Hi there,

I can't build several packages, like icu and spidermonkey. I'm using OS X 10.5.7 and the latest XCode with GCC 4.0.1.

The problem is that the install process calls strip which gives the following sorts of errors:

strip: symbols referenced by relocation entries that can't be stripped in: /local/pkg/lib/libsicuuc.a(

I did some searching and while the exact reason eludes me, the mozilla folks seem to have found a way to fix it:

Any ideas on how to fix this?