Re: Multiple copies of config.{guess,sub} in pkgsrc

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 10:34:14AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> archivers/libarchive/files/config.aux/config.guess
> archivers/libarchive/files/config.aux/config.sub

Please don't touch this, they are upstream versions and this only
creates conflicts.

> pkgtools/mtree/files/config.guess
> pkgtools/mtree/files/config.sub

mtree should be dropped out of the tree and made a separate tarball.
It hasn't been part of bootstrap for a while.

> pkgtools/rcorder/files/config.guess
> pkgtools/rcorder/files/config.sub

I don't see the point in keeping this in the pkgsrc either.

> I think we should make these packages use the files from
> mk/gnu-config. I'll do that if noone contradics in the next week or
> so.

Overriding them after install is OK, but I have a problem with changing
the files for externally maintained software.

Joerg