RE: Installing binary packages as a dependancy during 'make package'

> So when I go to www/firefox3 and run 'make package', I want pkgsrc to
> first look in PACKAGES directory, find a binary x11/gtk2 package and
> automatically install it, instead of building x11/gtk2 from scratch
> (assuming I deleted all object files during previous package builds).
>
> Is this possible?

If it is, I'd like to know, too.  :)  It would be great to have some kind of
var or flag to say "always build my own" or "use pre-built packages whenever
available" or "ask me for each missing package".

Tim
--
      Tim Larson        AMT2 Unix Systems Administrator
          InterCall, a division of West Corporation

Be always sure you are right, then go ahead. - David Crockett