Re: trouble with installing firefox 3.0.10

On 2/05/2009 5:18 AM, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
I just upgraded from NB 4.0.1 to 5.0 today.  I used pkg_add to install Firefox
3, but it hangs after displaying the install notice - some kind of poll()
timeout.  This is usually related to slow network, so I fetched the tarball and
ran pkg_add on the local file.  It hangs in the same place.  If I break with
^C, the files are still installed and I can run firefox3 just fine, but the pkg
database shows it as not installed.  What's wrong, and what can I do?

The package system has changed quite a bit, you may need to pkg_admin rebuild ... or whatever it is :)

It appears to be related to the package database, or something close to it. I've always found that pkg_leaves generates errors whenever there is something up with the pkgdb side of things. OK it's not definitive :)

Sarton