using acroread8 on amd64-current

I'm trying to run acroread8 on an amd64-current system.  It first fails
because it can't find /emul/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2.  When I change the
shell script to look for /emul/linux32/lib/ld-linux.so.2, it complains
that

        cannot set up thread-local storage: cannot set up LDT for
        thread-local storage

I believe I've taken care of the obvious: I do have

        procfs on /usr/pkg/emul/linux32/proc type procfs (local)

and I do have COMPAT_LINUX32, COMPAT_LINUX, and COMPAT_NETBSD32 in my
kernel.

Should this work?