Re: who decides native vs. pkgsrc dependency?

Hi!

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:17:05 +0900, JÃrn Clausen
<joernc%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just finished installing a complete selection of packages on both
> Solaris/sparc and Solaris/x86. I used the same setup (Solaris 10, same
> compiler version, identical source tree) and installed via pkg_chk
> from a list of packages. Then I diffed the result of "pkg_info", and
> to my surprise, on Solaris/x86, devel/zlib was installed, but on
> Solaris/sparc, the native version in /usr/lib was used instead. How is
> this possible?

Hmm, results of following command are same on x86 and sparc?

% grep ZLIB_VERSION /usr/include/zlib.h

Default dependency pattern on zlib is defined in devel/zlib/buildlink3.mk:
BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.zlib+=    zlib>=1.1.4nb1

Then wireshark and p5-Compress-Raw-Zlib require newer zlib
In wireshark/Makefile:
BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.zlib=     zlib>=1.2.1
In devel/p5-Compress-Raw-Zlib:
BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.zlib+=    zlib>=1.2.3

Diffs of dpendency pattern between x86 and sparc mean that
devel/zlib/builtin.mk recognize sparc's zlib as newer than 1.2.3
and x86's one as older than 1.2.1.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost