Re: About a rc.d script and "--user ${puser}"

jnemeth%victoria.tc.ca@localhost said:
>  what your /etc/rc.d/privoxy looks like now?

The privoxy manpage says:

> if the  optional  group  was  not
> given, [assume the] the default group of user

and the code works that way. So your change to pass
the group explicitely does not change anything.
The problem is that the supplementary group memberships
are not reset on the uid/gid switch.

(I've tried to report that to the privoxy maintainers
but the mail hangs in the queue awaiting moderator
approval.)

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt