Re: pkg_online database is online and updated daily

> A few months ago I wrote wip/pkg_online,
> tool for client/server search in pkgsrc.

> I'm also running pkg_online server - dict://dictd.xdsl.by:26280
> which is now updated daily. Feel free to use it.
> Any feedback is welcome.

7 months later.

I'm contunuing to improve wip/pkg_online-{client,server}

Latest news (shortened variant):

Versions 0.5.0-0.9.1

  If PKGBASE is equal to package's directory, then only PKGPATH is
  output, otherwise PKGPATH(PKGBASE) is output.

  (PKGPATH,PKGNAME) pair is used as a package identifier.
  Now
      pkg_online_find -3 PKGPATH:exact:editors/emacs
  command shows an information about editors/emacs package only,
  not about editors/emacs-current and others having the same PKGBASE.

  Leading `-' and `!' mean `AND NOT'.
  Example. The following command lists all packages maintained by me
  which are not in wip/

        0 ~>pkg_online_find m:substring:cheusov -p:prefix:wip/
        devel/libjudy             -   High-performance sparse dynamic array
library
        devel/librxspencer        -   POSIX API regexp library by Henry Spencer
        textproc/dictem           -   Dictionary client (RFC-2229) for [X]Emacs
        x11/xxkb                  -   XXKB - switches and indicates a current
keyboard layout
        0 ~>

  INFO and SHORT-INFO databases contain pkg_summary(5)-formatted
  text. pkg_online_client and pkg_online_find tools run
  pkg_summary4view(1) utility for reformatting.

  New option -r added to pkg_online_client and pkg_online_find
  for printing package information in pkg_summary(5) format.
  Thus, pkg_online_client and pkg_online_server tools may effectively
  be used in conjunction with pkg_summary-utils(7).
  Example.

        0 ~>pkg_online_find -3 p:exact:wip/pdnsd
        PKGNAME:        pdnsd-1.2.7
        PKGPATH:        wip/pdnsd
        HOMEPAGE:       http://www.phys.uu.nl/~rombouts/pdnsd/
        COMMENT:        Pdnsd is a DNS resolver
        MAINTAINER:     schwarz%NetBSD.org@localhost
        CATEGORIES:     net
             pdnsd is a proxy DNS server with permanent caching (the cache
contents are
             written to hard disk on exit) that is designed to cope with
unreachable or
             down DNS servers (for example in dial-in networking).
             Since version 1.1.0, pdnsd supports negative caching.

        0 ~>pkg_online_find -3 -r p:e:wip/pdnsd
        PKGNAME=pdnsd-1.2.7
        PKGPATH=wip/pdnsd
        HOMEPAGE=http://www.phys.uu.nl/~rombouts/pdnsd/
        COMMENT=Pdnsd is a DNS resolver
        MAINTAINER=schwarz%NetBSD.org@localhost
        CATEGORIES=net
        DESCRIPTION=pdnsd is a proxy DNS server with permanent caching (the
cache contents are
        DESCRIPTION=written to hard disk on exit) that is designed to cope with
unreachable or
        DESCRIPTION=down DNS servers (for example in dial-in networking).
        DESCRIPTION=Since version 1.1.0, pdnsd supports negative caching.

        0 ~>

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.