Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/print/gutenprint-lib

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 01:13:36PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
[..]

> Thanks.  I've been distracted due to work and weather and forgot that
> you had sent me PLIST fixes -- I noticed the ones I fixed when testing
> on a different system.  I suspect that "make install" doesn't modify
> files that are already there, and thus the PKG_DEVELOPER check doesn't
> fire.

Correct, /usr/pkg is scanned for all files before the installation starts
and after the installation is done, so files which are allready in /usr/pkg
and are missing in PLIST can't be found.

>   Btw, you could add the attached patch to fix the compile problem
>   with gcc 3.
>   Only two file are affected by that compile problem, but I see no
>   reall benifit for using -O6 or -O3:
>    src/main/print-escp2.c
>    src/gutenprintui2/panel.c
>
> Thanks - I have added your patch.

Thank you.

> Please let me know if you think anything is still messed up with the
> package.

It looks good, where I'm still struggling with adding support for my new
printer, but that is not pkgsrc related.
The gutenprint source code needs more documentation.

Bernd