building lang/gcc34 on Solaris 9

I get the following error:

ld: fatal: file /usr/ccs/lib/values-Xa.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to

This seems to be a case of using 32-bit libraries when trying to build a
64-bit app, but I'm not sure how to rectify it for pkgsrc.  I am using the
gcc from sunfreeware.  Any thoughts?

Tim Larson        AMT2 Unix Systems Administrator
    InterCall, a division of West Corporation

               Eschew obfuscation!