Re: Correct way to replace bmake?

> Package `bmake-20080215nb1' is marked as not for deletion
> So -- how do I upgrade/update bmake?  Will 'bmake replace' do the
> trick?
Yes. (your question should be in FAQ)

Another way to upgrade bmake and other bootstrap packages is to make
a binary package first:

     $ make package USE_DESTDIR=full
     $ su -
     <enter your password>
     # pkg_add -u bmake

I assume that PKG_PATH in set properly in root's .profile or somewhere.

In my view, potentially this method is better but now it leaves two bmakes
(old and new) in PKGDB (pkg_install-20081013).

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.