Re: printer page source for evince

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
print/evince always comes up expecting to print on A4 paper.  Since I
live in a part of the planet that (alas) has not adopted the metric
system, I'd like to be able to change the default to letter paper.  Is
there any way to do that?  I don't run gnome, so a pure gnomish
solution isn't help much, though I can always tweak a config file as
needed.  (Googling has shown other queries about the same problem, but
no clear solutions, at least not that I could find.)

Set PAPERSIZE as described in pkgsrc/mk/defaults/mk.conf and rebuild your poppler packages.