Invitation to a cross-distro games packaging/patching/maintaining mailing list

Hi all,

I am sending to this list as a friend involved with NetBSD tells me this is the
best place to send it. You might not find this email interesting, for which I
want to apologize. Please just disregard it, in that case.

The Debian and Ubuntu games teams have merged completely and the Fedora
team has been working more and more with us to reduce duplicated work. We
have been using the Debian games mailing list until now, but we decided
that a distro-agnostic list would be better. Gentoo, SuSE and FreeBSD are
starting to hop on board and the more the merrier :)

As Games are somewhat special in that they in general need more patches
than usual packages and that they often have a dead upstream, we plan to
discuss some ways there to try and collaborate more.

We will start defining requirements and possible layouts for
below-upstream repositories, soon. You could then pull from there and
get a common, patched version. ports-specific patches would be applied
in your local repositories via your existing processes.

I hope I managed to interest a few of you and hope to see you on
games%lists.freedesktop.org@localhost [1] soon. For an introduction, read
Miry's email [2] and mine [3].

Richard

PS: I do apologize if you think this is spam. I simply did not find any
better way to contact you all.