Re: intltool-merge generating garbage

Jared D. McNeill wrote:
I've run into this problem before but I can't remember what went wrong. I'm working on a package that uses intltool-merge as:

LC_ALL=C /export/home/jmcneill/branches/pkgsrc/security/policykit/work/.tools/bin/intltool-merge -x -u -c ../po/.intltool-merge-cache ../po org.freedesktop.policykit.policy.in org.freedesktop.policykit.policy

The resulting file is completely useless however (pasted below). What am I missing?

cube@ helped me track this down, it seems p5-XML-Parser will search /usr/pkg/lib before /usr/X11R7/lib, and X11R7 expat is busted. If libexpat from pkgsrc is installed it magically works again.

Cheers,
Jared