Re: How to 'make package' after 'make install' has been done?

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Paul Goyette wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
> > Did you clean before doing 'make pakage'?  If so, then the install will
> > fail, and package depends on install.
>
> No, the work.blah directory was still there, and still contained the .install
> (and other .*) files.

You should be able to still do a "make package" then -- as long as you
didn't update pkgsrc which may make the work different than what is
expected.

I wonder what caused this not to package for you.

I have packaged things left in a work directory long after (maybe even
weeks).