Re: security/gnupg fails to build on AIX

Louis Guillaume <lguillaume%berklee.edu@localhost> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Using AIX 5.3, pkgsrc-2008Q3, xlC v.9 compiler, I get the following
> build failure on security/gnupg:

Can you build gnupg from source without using pkgsrc?  If not (and I
would guess not), I suggest bringing this up with the gnupg folks, as
it's really a "upstream doesn't build on platform X" problem more than a
pkgsrc problem.

I don't have anything useful to say about your actual error - it looks
like the IBM compiler is enforcing some rule gcc doesn't, and you need
to dig in to the details.