Re: Binary pkgsrc packages for 4.0.1

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 6:29 PM, Jeremy C. Reed <>
> On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Adrian Maier wrote:
>> Are there any binary packages for NetBSD 4.0.1  available  (perhaps
>> on some unofficial ftp servers) ?
>> I have tried to use
>> but pkg_add complained that the binaries are compiled for another version.
> They should work. 4.0.1 must be fully compatible with 4.0.
> We should get this warning removed. This involves adding some intelligence
> about operating system versioning. We can at least add for __NetBSD__ now.

Oh,   in this case I'll use the 4.0 packages and ignore the warning
(building the
packages is painful because my server is a bit oldish ... pentium 3,
128MB ...) .

Thanks for the information that  it's reasonably safe to use the 4.0
packages  !

Adrian Maier