Re: gnome-applets losing

  For a while gnome-applets has been failing to pacakge for me.  (NetBSD
  4-stable i386, pkgsrc up to date, pkgs up to date via pkg_rr) Are others
  seeing this?  Is the bug that invest is not being built, or that it is
  in the PLIST?

  => Checking file-check results for gnome-applets-2.22.3nb1
  ERROR: ************************************************************
  ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in /usr/pkg:
  ERROR:         /usr/pkg/bin/invest-chart

The problem is that configure.in checks from the gnomeapplet python
module and doesn't find it.

  checking for python module gnomeapplet... no

This is supposed to be in py24-gnome2-desktop-2.22.0nb1 but isn't found,
perhaps due to X11 forwarding not working:

  configure:28836: checking for python module gnomeapplet
  The application '-c' lost its connection to the display localhost:10.0;
  most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
  the application.
  configure:28866: result: no

Of course, it shouldn't be using X at configure time.

Barring objections or suggestions on how to fix right, I will remove
invest from the PLIST and leave a note in the Makefile with
--disable-invest if I don't figure this out in another hour or so.