Re: possible solution for firefox3 "pango-warning" errors (?)

On Fri 19 Sep 2008 at 23:00:07 +0200, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> Isn't firefox started via a shell script anyway?  If so, that
> would perhaps be a place to ensure a minimum number of available
> file descriptors?

Sounds like a good idea. And shouldn't someone file an upstream bug
report that pango is misbehaving? In no case it should require the
number of file descriptors that it does (it seems to depend on the
number of fonts installed). Apparently Firefox itself got fixed to
behave more sensibly when it can't open all fds that it likes (or it
just uses fewer in the first place), now it seems pango's turn to be
fixed.

> Regards,
> - Håvard
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.