Re: xextproto is required to build with libXaw?

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:05:37 +0900, Tobias Nygren <>

>> Anyone know why x11/libXaw/ include xextproto/
>> None of include/X11/Xaw/*.h include X11/extensions/*.h, except one header,
>> Xaw/Print.h include X11/extensions/Print.h, but it is in printproto.
> Sometimes the configure script checks for headers it doesn't really
> need, and fails if it can't find them. I don't know if that is the
> case here though.

If so, other x11/*Xaw* packages' may also need to include it.
I'm looking at Xaw family. Those files are quite differing.
So when swith X11_TYPE to other than standard, some package may failed to build.
I'm trying to switch x11/xmascot from x11/libXaw/ to
It really require xextproto, but not buildlink it directly now.

"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio /