Re: Recommendation requested - video player

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Paul Goyette wrote:

> Anyone got any recommendations for a good video application under
> NetBSD?  The ideal package would handle a multitude of file formats
> (mpg*, avi) and be integrated/integratable with Firefox and/or Pan.

mplayer (as others have also recommended).

Last week I used pkgsrc/net/youtube-dl over ten times to download Flash
videos and mplayer played the .flv files fine.

I also use mplayer to play audio/x-pn-realaudio audio files.

It did fail to play a wma (Microsoft ASF?) file.
It did play a WMV video fine though.

I am on amd64 and I used essential-amd64 codecs which I never packaged
yet.