Re: Removal of illegal packages

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 07:02:15PM +0100, Stephen Sweeney wrote:

> It has been brought to my attention by a Happy Penguin regular, leileilol,
> that the packages contain resources that are non-free and, in some cases,
> ripped from other games and still copyrighted. They should all be removed
> immediately to avoid any legal issues.
>
> It would be within the interests of all if we could get these games removed
> ASAP so that your distributions are not affected by any legal issues.

Thanks for notifying us! Can you send us more information regarding which files
are non-free and in each case, in what way? If the non-free content consists of
just for a few images or music files, the Debian way is to remove only the
offending content from the upstream source.

      Guus Sliepen <guus%debian.org@localhost>