Antwort: Problem(s) building and running pkgsrc-built perl on AIX 5.3

One step has been done:

because the AIX ld stores the paths specified using -L, I replaced the
-Wl,-R ... entries in perl's Makefiles
by -L and added -L${PREFIX}/lib/perl5/5.8.0/powerpc-aix-thread-multi/CORE.
This works fine - but it's just a workaround and I hope with your help I
can fix it therefore, that I could provide
a commitable patch.

Freundliche Grüße / Best Regards

Jens Rehsack

Fa. Manß & Partner
Phone: +49 - 214 - 30 - 41 562
Fax: +49 - 214 - 30 - 31 625
E-mail: jens.rehsack%bayerbbs.com@localhost
Web: http://www.BayerBBS.com

Geschäftsführung: Vorsitzender Andreas Resch   |   Arbeitsdirektor Norbert
Fieseler
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Klaus Kühn
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leverkusen   |   Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 49895

Jens Rehsack/EZKRG/DE/BBS/BAYER
22.07.2008 14:09

An
pkgsrc-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Kopie
Ahmet Dogan/EZKYO/DE/BBS/BAYER@BAYERNOTES, Volker
Schubbert/SBB/IM/DE/BAYER@BAYERNOTES, Detlef
Wartke/WAR/IM/DE/BAYER@BAYERNOTES, Martin
Fabiani/EZYAA/DE/BBS/BAYER@BAYERNOTES
Thema
Problem(s) building and running pkgsrc-built perl on AIX 5.3

Hi,

first I planned to add more own research, but I run into a conflict which
requires a solution quickly.
When I build perl using gcc (xlC won't run but gcc does - the loved time
...), during build the
problem came up, that perl configure doesn't recognize the pkgsrc cc and
ld-wrappers but
uses ld from /usr/bin and tried to replace cc by cc_r and fails, because
there is none.
When I set CC=gcc etc., redo the build, than the ld flags are wrong (e.g.
containing -Wl,).

These problems I could work around using sed - but one problem remains:
Without linking
${PREFIX}/lib/perl5/5.8.0/powerpc-aix-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.a to
${PREFIX}/lib,
invoking perl fails with:
Could not load program /opt/pkgsrc/bin/perl:
        Dependent module libperl.a(libperl.o) could not be loaded.
Could not load module libperl.a(libperl.o).
System error: No such file or directory

When I create this link ($PREFIX/lib is in LIBPATH), /usr/bin/perl dumps
core.

Any ideas how to solve this problem (and maybe the build problems, too)?

Best Regards
Jens Rehsack