Re: Missing Package in 2008Q1 release?

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 17:41:43 -0500
Isaac Wagner-Muns <> wrote:

> where would i find the audit-packages package? the pkgsrc manual
> says that it's in security/audit-packages, but the directory
> audit-packages does not exist.
It's now part of pkg_install -- go to pkgtools/pkg_install and do a
'make update'.
> "The primary purpose of the DATA statement is to give names to
> constants; instead of referring to pi as 3.141592653589793 at every
> appearance, the variable PI can be given that value with a DATA
> statement and used instead of the longer form of the constant. This
> also simplifies modifying the program, should the value of pi
> change." ___Early FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers
You'd be surprised...  I remember a program written by an a
acquaintance that stopped working when the trig library changed.  He
finally realized that he had to solve for pi -- that is, find the value
near 3.14 for which sin(x) yielded 0....

                --Steve Bellovin,